2018 Missouri MotherBaby Summit: Gaining Momentum
The 2018 Missouri MotherBaby Summit will be held on Thursday, September 6, 2018 at the Courtyard Marriott, 3301 LeMone Industrial Blvd, Columbia MO. Topics to be covered include: A look at how Missouri ranks for infant feeding, Rooming-in, Supplementation, and the Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding.
Dr. Paula K. Schreck will deliver the Keynote Address speaking on, “Where, Exactly am I Going? Rooming-In from the Baby’s Perspective.” Check out Dr. Schreck’s bio below.
Registration will open soon!
Paula K. Schreck, MD, IBCLC, FABM
Dr. Schreck is the Breastfeeding Coordinator of the St. John Providence Health System. She is also the creator and medical director of the St. John Mother Nurture Project, a W. K. Kellogg Foundation-supported innovative and far-reaching breastfeeding initiative that spans her urban hospital and the surrounding community and the creator of the Mother Nurture Lactation College, a unique lactation consultant-training program for minority women. Dr. Schreck is the architect and medical director for a new Michigan hospital Baby-Friendly collaborative called Jumpstart to Baby-Friendly.
Dr. Schreck graduated with honors from Michigan State University with a Bachelor of Science in Physiology. She received her medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School, graduating cum laude, and completed her pediatric residency training at the University of California, San Diego.
Evaluations from the 2017 Missouri MotherBaby Summit — just a few:
- Absolutely fabulous! Thank you!
- Love, love, loved the implementing change topic.
- Everything was awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed the entire Summit.
- Amazing conference. Very informative and interesting!
- The speakers were wonderful.
- Overheard: “I’ve got so many notes, I can’t wait to get back to our council to share.”
- Loved it! I am feeling more inspired!
- Everything was great! Loved hearing from other hospitals. No reason to re-invent the wheel.
- Ginny Combs was fantastic. She provided great information on how to inspire a culture of change.
- Dr. Philipp, Dr. Phillips and Ginny Combs were phenomenal speakers!
- Thank! It was a great day.
- Awesome speakers and topics! Great resources to apply to practice for real changes to occur. I wish this was 2 days long.
Every maternity hospital in MO is encouraged to send a health care team of five members. Ideas for members of the team include: Nurse Manager of Mother Baby, Medical Director of Well Baby, Nurse Manager of Labor and Delivery, Medical Director of Labor and Delivery, Nursing Director of Maternal Child Health Service, Certified Nurse Midwives, Nurse Practitioners, Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Staff Nurses, Charge Nurses, Quality Improvement Specialists, Clinical Educators. Each team may include one Lactation Consultant. MDs are encouraged to attend and do not count as one of the 5. Hospitals in Missouri on the Baby-Friendly D3 and D4 Pathway may request that more than 5 members from the hospital be able to attend.
The Summit is supported by the W. K. Kellogg Foundation.