Bella is here.
If your hospital is on the journey to Baby-Friendly designation and your providers (MDs, CNMs, NPs, PAs) are looking for a course to fulfill the three-hour training requirement, check out Bella Breastfeeding: Provider Training on OPENPediatrics (www.openpediatrics.org). The learner needs to first register with OPENPediatrics, and then, once in the course library, search for “bella.” With completion of a few more questions, the course will begin. The course consists of 15 video modules (4-10 minutes in length), each with a pre-test and a post-test. At the completion of the course, and with a score of >80% on the post-tests, a certificate of completion can be printed. Thanks to the support of the W. K. Kellogg Foundation, the course is free.
Upcoming MotherBaby Summits
2018 Massachusetts MotherBaby Summit #10: Cut a Cake!
–Thursday, May 10, 2018
–DCU Center, 50 Foster Street, Worcester MA
–Registration is closed. We have a full house!
2018 Missouri MotherBaby Summit #3
–Thursday, September 6, 2018
–Courtyard Marriott, 3301 LeMone Industrial Blvd., Columbia MO
2018 Michigan MotherBaby Summit #7
–Thursday, November 8, 2018
–Atheneum Suite Hotel, 1000 Brush Avenue, Detroit MI
If you have registered, we look forward to seeing you at the 2018 MA MotherBaby Summit on Thursday, May 10, 2018 at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA.
We are expecting 285 attendees, our biggest Summit ever. Several things to know:
1. We cannot take any walk-ins. However, if you are registered and for some reason can’t come, you can transfer your spot to a colleague but the colleague needs to be able to report to the Summit Registration Desk staff who they are replacing.
2. Our food offerings this year will be:
Breakfast: coffee, tea and decaf. (Please plan accordingly and bring your own bagel, boiled egg, yogurt, etc.)
Lunch: Boxed lunch (turkey, roast beef, tuna, veggie or gluten free wrap + bag of chips + water or soda).
Afternoon snack: coffee, tea and decaf and assorted ice cream snacks.
3. We are happy to be able to offer free educational credits: CEU’s (6.4), CERPs (6.2) and, for the first time, CMEs (6.0). Please be aware that to receive the educational credits, you will need to stay for the entire Summit. At the end of the day, certificates of completion will be handed out – once you hand in your evaluation form.
4. We will have basic Wi-Fi for free.
5. We will have a mother’s room for our breastfeeding mothers.
6. Parking will be available at the Major Taylor Parking lot (across the street, kitty corner to the DCU Center) for $12.
7. The registration desk will open from 7:15 am to 8:15 am. We will start on time at 8:15 am. As the day progresses, the conference room can get a little chilly so bring an extra sweater or jacket just to wear to stay warm.
We look forward to a wonderful day of learning and sharing. Please drive carefully!
More information about the upcoming Summit can be found by clicking the box below.
The 2018 Missouri MotherBaby Summit will be held on Thursday, September 6, 2018 at the Courtyard Marriott, 3301 LeMone Industrial Boulevard, Columbia, MO.
More information to follow.
As we get closer, we will update the information in the link below. For now, Save the Date!